No matter what I do/try, my M8 continues to slow down. What am I missing?

kwitel

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Love this phone but its no longer as snappy as it once was, and it continues to slow.

Texting to a group and/or simply adding a photo to a text virtually stops the phone in its tracks. It can take 5-10 seconds for me to get that text out and sometimes quite a bit longer.

Everything else seems to be slowing as well. Internet and anything related to the camera are not nearly as quick as they used to be.

Ive already:

Restarted the phone
Deleted old texts
Cleared all the caches
Deleted unused apps and stopped others

What else can I do?

kwitel

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Did you actually wipe the system cache partition? http://forums.androidcentral.com/ht...ow-reboot-into-stock-recovery-htc-one-m8.html. This is different from clearing app caches.

Also, do you have a microSD inserted? If so, try unmounting it (in Settings>Storage), and removing it, then rebooting. A corrupt card can cause various issues.

Thanks.

I dont even have a fast boot option.
Does wiping the system cache have any downsides? Will I lose any data?

When i go to Storage, the entire are under SD Card is grayed out...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Wiping the system cache should not cause any problems--it's all temporary system data.

Do you physically have a microSD card inserted that isn't being recognized?

kwitel

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Wiping the system cache should not cause any problems--it's all temporary system data.

Do you physically have a microSD card inserted that isn't being recognized?

Actually just opened it up for this first time since buying it.
The tray is empty.

Just wiped the cache.
Will us it tomorrow and hopefully report back that performance has improved!

Thanks.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Since you just opened this up, it may be possible a lot of things are going on in the background as part of the initial setup. I hear a lot of lag reports on various phones after OS upgrades and they usually clear in a few days once the phone has settled in. That's just a guess, though.

You may also want to run the update checker, as there's been a couple upgrades since the phone was originally released. That may address any problems you're having, and no better time to do it than when the phone is new and you don't have a lot of stuff on it yet. Just go to the system menu, then select the update option at the bottom.

sitlet

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Mine slowed to a crawl after the Lollipop update. I got a replacement from Verizon in March due to a battery issue, and immediately the phone was three times faster. About a month ago, it started to get laggy again. I started having data connectivity issues, which Verizon blamed on the 60 or so apps I had installed. They ended up giving me another replacement, and after getting that, I re-installed all 60 or so of my apps, and the phone is as snappy as it was before installing.

So I'm not sure what causes this issue to happen after about a month of so with the phone. Again, I just installed all of my apps and it's smooth, but who knows if it will slow down in a month or so again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude