Hi Guys,
    I have an M8 (AT&T) and have a 64gig sd card. I've never used HTC Sync Manager because I like to just drag and drop files to my phone as I need. Lately though, my computer doesn't recognize my phone when it's plugged in. I don't know why and it seems like the driver is installed. It's hit or miss. My questions is, if I have no desire to "sync" my phone; just to copy files over when I need, should I be using HTC sync manager? What are the advantages of using it over just being able to drag and drop files into the phone?
    Thanks!
    07-04-2015 05:35 PM
    Lately though, my computer doesn't recognize my phone when it's plugged in. I don't know why and it seems like the driver is installed. It's hit or miss.
    That would seem to indicate that the USB port is a bit loose - if you puch the cable just the right way it makes or loses contact.

My questions is, if I have no desire to "sync" my phone; just to copy files over when I need, should I be using HTC sync manager? What are the advantages of using it over just being able to drag and drop files into the phone?
    I prefer managing my own "sync", the way you do. (See Backing up an Android Device.) If you can't use the cable, use something like AirDroid: File & Notifications or WiFi File Transfer.
    07-04-2015 05:42 PM