Hey, im repairing my HTC one m8 screen after it got run over and it all works except from the rear facing camera. The rear housing got slightly bent so i need a new one. I've noticed that there are little metal connections around the camera hole which i only assume connect to the camera.

Does any one know what these do and if when i get a new rear housing, this will cause the rear facing camera to work (as it is currently not showing as an option on the camera app and does not switch from front facing to rear facing on snap chat etc)

Thanks everyone!

Connections on The Inside of the HTC One (M8) Rear Housing-htc-one.jpg
    07-09-2015 05:42 PM
    I've never worked on an M8, but the camera should come out. If those contacts are part of the camera module then something has to contact them for the camera to work.

(The back case contacts are normally for Qi charging, and the camera normally connects with a cable plugged into it - or from it to another part. You'll probably have to remove that entire silver-colored cover to get to the innards enough to see what's what.)
    07-09-2015 06:33 PM
    The HTC One M8 doesn't have Qi charging so i ruled that out. When you look at the contacts, the top 2 gold contacts make contact with 2 pins near the camera and the bottom 2 don't make contact with anything? (See pic)

I've already taken the phone apart and checked the main camera connection and it seems to be connected and in tact.

I've ordered a new back housing with these contacts so ill update if it makes the camera work in any way =)

Connections on The Inside of the HTC One (M8) Rear Housing-htc-2.jpg
    07-10-2015 03:56 AM