HTC One M8 OTA

Max Majicoo

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
I think I am supposed to recieve the Lollipop OTA update 5.0 by now , but I am stuck at 4.4.4 kitkat , and it says I am up to date , how can I fix this ?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
You may want to count your blessings. I wish I could have stayed on Kit Kat because I don't like many of the lollipop changes. No doubt there is a way to force an update, but wouldn't hurt to look into lollipop changes before you take it.

mindshadow

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
You may want to count your blessings. I wish I could have stayed on Kit Kat because I don't like many of the lollipop changes. No doubt there is a way to force an update, but wouldn't hurt to look into lollipop changes before you take it.

I totally agree with the above post. Lollipop 5.0. is extremely buggy and the general consensus is that is impacts performance on the htc one m8. People have complained about general lag, extreme lag within the messaging app, choppy video and even decreased battery life. I for one would switch back to 4.4.4 in a heartbeat which is significantly more stable in comparison. I believe htc are due to roll out sense 7.0 and android 5.1.1 to the m8 in August. I would certainly not lose sleep over the update to the earlier version of Android lollipop!

Posted via the Android Central App

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
It's not just the M8 having issues. Compared to the problems I've seen reported in the Verizon Note 3 forum, I'd say the M8 actually got of easy. Seems lollipop isn't well liked across the board.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
The HTC Sense version of Lollipop is actually pretty stable.

I ran Sense 7 + Android 5.0.2 on my M7 before flashing CM12.1 onto it and it was pretty good, and considering that was my daily driver at the time (before getting a G4), it was good enough to be used daily.

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I think I am supposed to recieve the Lollipop OTA update 5.0 by now , but I am stuck at 4.4.4 kitkat , and it says I am up to date , how can I fix this ?

Everybody here gave their opinion about Lollipop , but ignored the request for help....lol. You should be able to go to HTC.com and go to support and click ROM-Downloads and choose your carrier and download. You may need to Google how to install the download or go to XDA Developers. It's not difficult, but its been a couple of years since I've done it... BTW, Lollipop is great on my Sprint M8 HK Edition, and I would never want to go back.....

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
It really depends on your device's region and carrier. As mfreeland mentioned, you can visit this link and check the latest ROM for your device and see if it is Lollipop or Kit-Kat.

The only other way would be to unlock your bootloader and install a custom ROM, but that will void your warranty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech