Can I get some help with my HTC M8?

Hardish Chander

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
I need help with my htc m8.

Starting with a little introduction, my name is Hardish and i made this account just to ask for help. I bought a used m8 from a local shop dealer. It was fair deal but I forgot to put on screen protector. Some days ago I just broke the screen it was fully shattered completely making it unusable. I went to the same guy and he charged me 120 canadian dollars for the screen replace. After the screen replacement I am having more issues. Firstly the earpiece is ****ed up. There is so much distortion and noise cant even hear what the other person is saying on call and also the upper speaker is messed. I can upload a video of the sound if needed. Aside from these major issues there is one more issue that is the screen's brightness changes a little bit when screen is touched. its a like a screen effect and bugs a lot.

I asked that guy and he said it would cost me 20-25 dollars for new earpiece. I would probably buy a new earpiece and fix it myself if need be.
Please help me with a solution to this problem.
Thanks.

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Re: I need help with my htc m8.

Starting with a little introduction, my name is Hardish and i made this account just to ask for help. I bought a used m8 from a local shop dealer. It was fair deal but I forgot to put on screen protector. Some days ago I just broke the screen it was fully shattered completely making it unusable. I went to the same guy and he charged me 120 canadian dollars for the screen replace. After the screen replacement I am having more issues. Firstly the earpiece is ****ed up. There is so much distortion and noise cant even hear what the other person is saying on call and also the upper speaker is messed. I can upload a video of the sound if needed. Aside from these major issues there is one more issue that is the screen's brightness changes a little bit when screen is touched. its a like a screen effect and bugs a lot.

I asked that guy and he said it would cost me 20-25 dollars for new earpiece. I would probably buy a new earpiece and fix it myself if need be.
Please help me with a solution to this problem.
Thanks.

Did you start seeing those issues after the screen replacement? If so, it could be attributed to when they dissassembled the phone to replace the screen, maybe they screwed something up???

VerizonDroidMotoX

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site

Do you know if the screen replacement is OEM (from the manufacturer) or if its a 3rd party screen. If it is a 3rd party screen meaning it isn't manufactured by HTC its RGB output will be significantly reduced meaning the screen will not only not work properly but will cause shorts of certain key components.

Hardish Chander

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site

Did you start seeing those issues after the screen replacement? If so, it could be attributed to when they dissassembled the phone to replace the screen, maybe they screwed something up???

yes after the screen replacement. they probably did screw up. I noticed something new. the duo camera is always blocked idky.
They repaired screen but messed up the phone all together.

Hardish Chander

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site

Do you know if the screen replacement is OEM (from the manufacturer) or if its a 3rd party screen. If it is a 3rd party screen meaning it isn't manufactured by HTC its RGB output will be significantly reduced meaning the screen will not only not work properly but will cause shorts of certain key components.

I really dont know. is there any way to check that?

VerizonDroidMotoX

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site

That I am not to sure about. Other than asking the person who installed it or opening up and checking for yourself I think your best bet is to try a insurance claim or see about if HTC has it under coverage can send it to them to be repaired.

VerizonDroidMotoX

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site

I hate to see this but this happens so much more often than people let on. I have seen people go in to fix there vibration motor and a week later phone is dead and doesn't charge. I now preach and tell everybody if your going to pay any amount of money for repairs and actually value the phone ALWAYS send to manufacturer. Yes its more expensive but if they mess your phone up you simply get a new one. plus the parts are warrantied for a year..I learned this lesson the hard way.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781