I used to have a limited album collection on my HTC M8 Mini’s hard drive (4-5 albums) and when playing them in the “Music” app I had no problem.

I recently bought a 64GB Micro SD Card to dump all of my music collection (40GB give or take) and when I open the “Music” app it just hangs, won’t let me click on anything in it, I have to click the home button and go back “home”.

A ‘soft’ solution for this was to add the ‘Music Player Widget’, to the home screen so now I can hit play and it will work fine, can go back, pause and go next…

The problem comes when I want to listen to a specific song, album or artist, there is NO WAY to browse IN the app, it will open and just be blank. (I guess the app is overwhelmed trying to read the SD Card with thousands of songs in it?)

This doesn’t happen in the “Play Music” app. In the Play Music app I can browse or search straight to the artist, song, album. BUT I don’t like this app.

What’s going on with this?
    On a couple of side notes, I bought this smartphone on October and it’s been a disaster.
    -Battery drains and turns off when it goes from 14% to 13% without any notice.
    -To try to fix the battery issue I tried doing the “cache trash” thing but I don’t get the option after booting recovery mode.

HTC One (M8) Mini 2
    No flashes, no hackings at all.

This is just a last try before dumping this phone which has given me headaches since its 5th month use.
    07-19-2015 02:44 AM
    How is the SD card formatted? I believe it should be formatted FAT32. That could cause some issues. I have a 32gb card with about 30gb of music on it, and when I first insert it into the phone, it does take a few minutes for the Music app to correctly load all of the music, but after that I have no problem.
    07-19-2015 11:19 AM
    I used to have a limited album collection on my HTC M8 Mini’s hard drive (4-5 albums) and when playing them in the “Music” app I had no problem.

I recently bought a 64GB Micro SD Card to dump all of my music collection (40GB give or take) and when I open the “Music” app it just hangs, won’t let me click on anything in it, I have to click the home button and go back “home”.

A ‘soft’ solution for this was to add the ‘Music Player Widget’, to the home screen so now I can hit play and it will work fine, can go back, pause and go next…

The problem comes when I want to listen to a specific song, album or artist, there is NO WAY to browse IN the app, it will open and just be blank. (I guess the app is overwhelmed trying to read the SD Card with thousands of songs in it?)

This doesn’t happen in the “Play Music” app. In the Play Music app I can browse or search straight to the artist, song, album. BUT I don’t like this app.

What’s going on with this?
    On a couple of side notes, I bought this smartphone on October and it’s been a disaster.
    -Battery drains and turns off when it goes from 14% to 13% without any notice.
    -To try to fix the battery issue I tried doing the “cache trash” thing but I don’t get the option after booting recovery mode.

HTC One (M8) Mini 2
    No flashes, no hackings at all.

This is just a last try before dumping this phone which has given me headaches since its 5th month use.

Had a similar problem to yours. Tried a few things, gave up and then installed poweramp from play store. I don’t bother with the HTC music app.
    07-20-2015 05:30 AM
    How is the SD card formatted? I believe it should be formatted FAT32. That could cause some issues. I have a 32gb card with about 30gb of music on it, and when I first insert it into the phone, it does take a few minutes for the Music app to correctly load all of the music, but after that I have no problem.
    Well I tried this. Opened the app, left it there while I took a shower. Got out, and it worked! I was browsing artists, songs, etc easily.
    Standbyed my phone, got tk my car, went over to the app to play a particular song... FROZEN. I guess I need to give it time everytime I want to do that. Obviously unreasonable. Thanks for the tru though.

Had a similar problem to yours. Tried a few things, gave up and then installed poweramp from play store. I don’t bother with the HTC music app.
    Yeah, I downloaded that trial months ago but uninstalled it without trying it, and decided to give "Musoc" app a second try.

I'm reinstalling it as I type. Thanks.
    07-21-2015 03:17 AM