I just installed Google Messenger and set it as default SMS but I'm getting SMS and MMS notifications from both the default HTC app and Google Messenger. I've tried changing defaults back and forth with no luck. Has anyone else run into this?
    08-03-2015 02:38 PM
    Does it happen with other apps? Try setting Hangouts as the default SMS app.
    I don't have an M8 to test it on, but on a Note 4, setting Google Messenger does override the stock messaging app.
    DizWhiz likes this.
    08-03-2015 02:43 PM
    Did you try disabling notifications in the HTC messaging app?
    jhilker and DizWhiz like this.
    08-03-2015 03:16 PM
    Does it happen with other apps? Try setting Hangouts as the default SMS app.
    I don't have an M8 to test it on, but on a Note 4, setting Google Messenger does override the stock messaging app.
    Thanks for replying. I had Hangouts set as my default and it started having issues with mms not sending so I downloaded Google Messenger, set that as default but I'm getting notifications now from HTC and Google Messenger.

Posted via Android Central App
    08-03-2015 03:17 PM
    Did you try disabling notifications in the HTC messaging app?
    And of course I didn't do that! I just turned off all of my notifications so maybe that will clear it up. I never had to with Hangouts but I guess any SMS installed and running will pull SMS/MMS no matter what is set as default. Thanks.
    08-03-2015 03:25 PM
    Also, if you're on TMobile, the reason for your missed texts (both incoming and outgoing) is not Hangouts, it's the network. They've had issues lately, and this weekend it was even worse.
    08-03-2015 04:33 PM