Why do I have 'Waiting: HTC One_M8 is busy' when moving files over USB?

Zac Chacon

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
'Waiting: HTC One_M8 is busy' when moving files over USB

I have a brand new HTC One M8 running Lollipop 5.0.2. I recently upgraded my Dell XPS 15 (9530) laptop operating system to Windows 10 Pro (64 bit). Either coincidentally or not, I'm now experiencing problems moving and copying files internally on the phone using Windows File Explorer while the phone is connected to my Laptop by USB. When I try to move or copy a file in this way, the copying/moving dialog box on the laptop either reports "Waiting: HTC One_M8 is busy" or the task never completes and I get the repeating progress bar over and over.

I also note that there appear to be several drivers missing on my laptop since upgrading to Windows 10 that I think, but can't confirm, are associated with connecting the HTC One to my laptop. I've updated everything I can, including HTC Sync. The "unknown devices" without drivers that I think are associated with the phone are: FuturedialDMI, MAP SMS/MMS, PandoraLink and Sync Proxy.

Like I said, I'm not sure if the problem with using Windows File Explorer to move and copy files on the HTC is because of the update to Windows 10 or has some other cause. However, this function worked until very recently and the only thing I've changed is the July 29 upgrade to Windows 10.

Paradoxically, I can move and copy files between the HTC phone and my laptop using Windows File Explorer. I can also use the built-in File Manager on the phone to copy and move files to different locations on the phone. It is only moving and copying internally on the device using Windows File Explorer when the phone is connected by USB that doesn't work.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

sponaugz

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site
I am having the same problem. Whenever I try and move pictures within the phone's directories it just says "Waiting: HTCONE is busy" and never ends. Deleting pictures doesn't seem to be a problem. I have thousands of pictures that I work with and need to archive most of them. My workaround for the moment is to copy the pictures onto my computer, then I delete them off my phone. And then I copy them back into an archive folder on my phone.

Phone: HTC One M7
Hardware version: 0004
Software version: 6.23.651.7

Desktop computer using Windows 10 64 bit.

davidzy

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
I get the same problem with my Hudl2. It worked fine in windows 8.1 and stopped working with windows 10. Microsoft deliberately making life hard for android users?

ChaosOnTheBBQ

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same issue with my HTC One M9. Definitely tied to Windows 10 update, as I can still connect and copy files ONTO my phone at work (Windows 7) and a spare laptop (Windows 8.1). I used to be able to connect my HTC One M to my desktop (was Windows 8.1) directly with USB cable, and was able to connect, copy file FROM and ONTO my phone. Now, with recent Windows 10 update, I can connect ... and I can copy files FROM my phone onto the desktop, but I cannot copy files ONTO my phone. This includes "internal" and SD card.

And it's NOT the cable.

Any suggestions on a workaround here?

Thanks everyone!

jettransls

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
I have an LGG4 doing same thing - G4 is busy - message never ends - windows 10. Cannot move files around on USB using PC. I also transfer to PC and then try to transfer back to phone, same issue.