Hi all,

I have a need to clear some space on my HTC One because I am getting a message that my phone storage is low. I have about 16 GB in photos / videos, so Im thinking that this would be the best space to clear room.

I have photos saved in the Gallery app, plus I have photos on Google Photos. I have Verizon, so it looks like the photos are being stored up in the Verizon Cloud, too. Looks like a some overlap, and that I could remove the photos from one of these. I need to clear space on my phone, yet I want to make sure I don't delete any photos or videos.

So, my question is - if I clear the photos/videos on my phone, will I also remove them from the cloud accounts, too? Is there a way that I can just store the photos in one place ? I would prefer to just have these in Google Photos.

Any advice is appreciated!
    08-23-2015 12:18 PM
    I think if you delete the photos in Airplane mode, that should keep the cloud copies intact. Another option could be to pull the files onto your PC, and do a cloud upload that way. Then you can sort out the duplicates later.

From my G4
    Android Central Ambassador Team Leader
    08-23-2015 12:41 PM
    it's easier to buy an sd card for 25$ you can get a class 10 64GB
    08-24-2015 07:59 AM
    Upload to Dropbox is a one way process, so you can (re-) move the photos on the phone one they are in Dropbox and/or move the files once uploaded to you preferred location on PC (you should test this before applying full scale, of course, but I always found Dropbox reliable with no surprises). Still, getting an SD us good too, especially if you start shooting movies (1080p movies eat space fast)
    08-25-2015 12:11 PM
    If your photos are on SD you also avoid the "please help phone crashed/drowned/pin locked/etc photos lost?" situations.
    08-25-2015 12:20 PM