Phone now has landscape mode???

metrix

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
I've had my M8 for about a year now and I can't recall ever having this feature but with the Google Now launcher, if I'm on the desktop and I rotate my phone to view in wide screen, the desktop switches to landscape mode. It was always something that was available in apps, but I just don't remember it happening on the desktop. Also, I've noticed that if the phone was upside down and I turned the screen on, things will now work in that orientation. I'm quite certain this was never the case before. I don't recall any specific updates to GNL. There was an HTC Service pack update recently but the page in the app store only mentions "performance improvements".

Has anyone noticed these changes? Or do I need to do a factory reset due to some potentially malicious activity?

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I use Google now launcher and it doesn't rotate to landscape for me. Never has. It is an android M feature though so is coming but I don't know why or how yours does it now!

Posted via the Android Central App

metrix

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Another issue I'd been having is the phone seems to keep jumping in and out of "car mode". A little googling shows that this is due to a fault in the usb connector. Perhaps this is causing the landscape mode?