Stopping Instagram from updating in the background

tshirttan408

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I'm on a purge of all apps updating in the background to help save my ever decreasing battery life. I've managed to stop the bulk from syncing in the background through the apps section in the settings area. However Instagram doesn't seem to be there so I can't stop it and there's no settings in the app to do so! Does anyone know of a work around by any chance?

Cheers!

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Can also try Snapdragon Battery Guru. It's developed by Qualcomm specifically for their processors, not a 3rd party app or memory manager that can cause more problems than it claims to fix. It does have options to control when apps are allowed to sync. You can select whatever the app wants, based on your specific usage, or only when you open it. It has other functions too that can help battery life.

tshirttan408

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Can also try Snapdragon Battery Guru. It's developed by Qualcomm specifically for their processors, not a 3rd party app or memory manager that can cause more problems than it claims to fix. It does have options to control when apps are allowed to sync. You can select whatever the app wants, based on your specific usage, or only when you open it. It has other functions too that can help battery life.

Thanks for the suggest, have downloaded! I have noticed that this app isn't recognising Instagram as an app it needs to monitor on the apps section. Do you think this means it won't monitor it?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Not sure. I don't personally use Instagram. I do know it has a learning time period, so it may pick up the app eventually.

thechocolatebird

Apr 11, 2017
Visit site
Recently I have noticed Instagram and Facebook auto-updates itself even without permission from the user.

This is terrible as besides the daily nuisance updates, the newer version of the app may not have better functions suited to the user than the older ones.

I have gone through drastic measures such as navigating to the app under "settings" and enabling "Force stop".

Hope this helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci