VZW M8 update?

pheatton

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Just got a notification for a new update on my M8 on VZW. Stagefright update?

Did the Google thing and nothing on it....

Posted via the Android Central App

thelle7

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I got it as well. Didn't get the notification, but checking for it brings it up. It does seem to be the Stagefright patch. Comes in at 226.9MB.

pheatton

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
I was surprised how large it was just to fix the stagefright issue.... It did get quite warm during the install.

Lok52

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately, it only fixes 6 of the Stagefright vulnerabilities. There is a 7th that isn't covered.

Posted via Android Central App

phoenixone

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Anybody else having probs with stock android messenger after this update? If I try to use voice text, it freezes only for that particular person I was trying to text. All other contacts are fine. Only a reboot will unfreeze it. I wiped my cache partition but still the same. Just did a hard reset last week to clear up major probs too.
Sux!

Edit: Same probs with using Hangouts as well.

Edit: Things just got worse. Now all contacts in stock and Hangouts are frozen when trying to voice text any one person.

Edit: I'm about to throw this phone out the window. Now the keyboard doesn't show for ANY app that requires typing.
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

crackedshel

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Loaded the update and now my Wi-Fi connection has slowed to a crawl. I will try deleting and re-entering my connection when I get home tonight but wondered if anyone else had seen this happen.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18