m8 or lg g 4? Help please

yourdrugrep

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I have a unique issue with insurance as I lost my One m7 and the replacement they sent me is not what I like so they are sending me a m8 and an LG G4. Love the leather back but not necessarily the size of the G4, but held it in store and it did not seem as big as advertised. I loved my m7 and hate to stray. Feedback on the m8? Go for the m8 or the G4 which is a year older? Help!!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
For what it's worth, my wife's M8, which is about 18 months old, is starting to get a bit glitchy. Battery is draining more quickly, and recently it froze on the red Verizon screen forever. Thought it was dead, but after the battery drained and then charged back up, it booted up normally. The camera on the M8 is also pretty mediocre--she's always marvelling at the pictures I take with my Nexus 5 or Zenfone 2.

FriendlyPear

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
My wife just switched from M7 to LG G4 under similar circumstances. While the insurance case processed she borrowed my M8. She is very happy with her G4 (especially the camera) and wouldn't dream of switching. Then again, I love my M8 and wouldn't swap either : )

A thing to consider when choosing between the two (apart from the camera) is that the G4 has 32 Gb memory like the M7 (plus SD card), whereas the M8 only has 16 Gb. If you use many large apps, you may prefer the G4.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
A thing to consider when choosing between the two (apart from the camera) is that the G4 has 32 Gb memory like the M7 (plus SD card), whereas the M8 only has 16 Gb. If you use many large apps, you may prefer the G4.

The M8 came out in both 16 and 32 GB versions plus sd cards, so do make sure you're able to get the 32 GB if going that route.

I personally love the M8. The only problem I've had with it is the USB port. I warrantied the first one, and the one they sent back is now having issues too (yes, I tried the usual processes of elimination). Being a now used phone, it's possible the last owner damaged it, but I know I'm also a little rough on phones and micro-USB is just a poor design for charging in my opinion. I've seen countless other people having issues on here with that across many phones. So I'm not ready to say the M8 port is especially weak yet. I also like the camera. I can't compare it to the G4 from personal experience, but I'll take my pictures over my wife's Note 3 camera any day. They always come out crisp and clear, with great colors. I'm happy with the M8 over all and don't see myself wanting to move anytime soon.