HTC one m8s displays red colours all wrong

Rowjam

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
My HTC one m8s displays red colours all wrong. They are too dark and too red. It isn't just a problem with photos taken by my camera but also with images on webpages. Is there a way to fix this?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
This could potentially be a subjective issue. The first thing you should try to do is compare screens of yours and another M8 to see if there's a difference. You can't compare it to other models because every model will have some color differences. If yours is the same as another M8, then it's likely not a defect, but just how it's designed. At that point, you either have to live with it, get a different phone, or perhaps try a screen filtering app. I've seen some filter apps that can overlay differing colors to tint the screen. Not sure if something like that would work for you or not.

If your phone is different than another M8, then I'm guessing a defect. There's no way that I know of to adjust the colors by default like you could with a tv. I'd try a warranty claim in this case if you're still in the warranty period.

Rowjam

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
It could be subjective but other people's cameras taking photos of the same thing represent the colour red much more accurately on their screens. I've compared pictures of friends on facebook. On facebook on my phone their hair colour is all wrong but fine on facebook on my laptop. I will try and see if I can compare it with another m8s. Thanks.