After trying all the usual suspects of new cables and chargers, I narrowed my charging/connection issues down to the phone itself. I had a local store replace the USB port, but that didn't change anything. At least I'm hoping they actually did so, but of course they had to take it behind the super secret wall into their back room. When I got it back, I could tell some work had been done from the speaker grills. It's a very minor assembly detail that doesn't bother me, but enough to know it was apart.

So now I'm still having the same problems. It won't register being plugged in unless I hold the plug at just the right angle, prop the phone up a bit, stand on one leg, and squint my eyes while sticking my tongue out. Even then, it's not connected enough to properly charge. On Gsam, it still registers a slight drain despite the charging indicator being lit up. Even powered off, it can loose charge while plugged in (which wasn't a problem before this, so I know it's not the battery itself).

Any other suggestions on possible causes? At this point, I'm thinking it may be better to just replace the darn thing, but it's just such a nice phone otherwise. I don't want to buy a used one, because then I risk getting one with an abused battery like I did with this one when I sent it in for warranty before for the same issue. Frustrating to say the least.
    10-07-2015 08:48 PM
    I'd like to see a picture of you doing that to get your phone to charge.

Is the area around the microUSB port disrupted in any way? That is to say, is the phone's housing there bent or protruding somewhat? Just wondering if there's something that's preventing the plug from making a good connection. If that were the case, then replacing the port itself wouldn't matter.
    10-08-2015 12:33 AM
    The plugs fit in fine.
    10-08-2015 04:23 AM
    They did not replace the data port.
    If they did you would not be having the issues. If you paid them go back and ask for a refund or have them show you the work they did.
    10-09-2015 02:28 PM
    They didn't charge, thankfully.
    10-09-2015 03:06 PM