Text messages affecting phone performance? Vice versa?

Shadnic

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
I have an htc one m8 on Tmobile. I bought it used and have been using it for a little less than a year. It has essentially gotten to the point of being almost unusable on a regular basis. Sometimes it'll work "alright" and other times it'll take 30+ seconds to open apps, switch windows, go back to the home screen, open the camera, take a picture, etc. Sometimes the phone will just become completely non-responsive and not turn on or off for a good 10-20 minutes no matter what I do.

One of the more annoying of these issues is that text messages will often just be "pending" for ever. Or they'll say "sent" but not actually send, or they'll say "pending" or "failed" but actually have sent. I've tried it on the stock htc messenger, google's messenger (which has been the least reliable sadly), and Textra. All have these issues.

Several times I've contacted Tmobile wondering if the texting thing is a network problem and they've immediately said, "oh you have too many text messages on your phone, that explains all the problems."

First of all I don't even text that much, but okay, I've set my texting app to "delete old messages" and to keep only like 20 per thread. It says it'll only delete them if "limits are reached". What constitutes limits being reached? How will I know if my phone is properly deleting these things? I have a ton of onboard storage because I really don't have many apps installed, no music, and not all that many texts, so I know my storage limits aren't reached.

How do you manage texts on Android otherwise? And is this actually any of the problem with my phone?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX