Lately, my phone has been lagging when I type a text message. The words wouldn't show up for a second or so after, just long enough for me to doubt that I typed it. It's annoying but not a big deal. Just today, I was holding the phone typing and it was very sensitive. When I would go to type an O, it would type pi. Shortly after that, I was holding it in my hand it jumped from screen to screen, app to app then typed this message, which I sent.

....ooooooooooooooo opioid drugs to getoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.poor guy lollipops to..l.looping over and possibly the office post ioom ....

The screen would also minimize and then get back to regular. and the message options window will pop up. then complete action using window will pop up. I don't have a video, but I did show a friend while it was happening.

I've powered down and took the sim out.

Anyone else with this issue?
    11-20-2015 01:59 PM
    Mine does the Phantom adding words as well. Especially while on the Internet using boat Browser. It will type like this : i. Iiii. Hadi.bad day. Also, lag when texting, using stock browser, on fb messanger, and Internet.

Posted via the Android Central App
    mighty turner likes this.
    11-20-2015 03:42 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Try wiping the cache partition: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-10672
    srkmagnus and mighty turner like this.
    11-20-2015 03:54 PM
    I believe this is a known fault and happens when you are charging the device. Was you charging at that time?

It is almost as though random words appear like the m8 gets possessed!

Posted via the Android Central App
    mighty turner likes this.
    11-21-2015 01:45 AM
    thanks for your suggestion! i ended up having to do a hard reset. After all the trouble shooting with Verizon and with HTC, and googling. I think it's a hardware issue with the touch functionality of the phone. I'm less than 2 weeks out of the 1-year warranty but HTC said they'll send me a new one. Hopefully, everything works out with that.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    11-21-2015 01:01 PM
    Well...if you need an Exorcist:

or maybe:

Hopefully the new device will work out though.
    11-22-2015 08:56 AM
    Spoke too soon. Called today to follow up on me sending in the proof of purchase and they tell me they're making an exception to repair my phone since it's out of the year warranty (like I previously told them!) but can't send me a new device (like the person I spoke with yesterday said!). No manager on duty so I can plead my case about going 7-10 business days without a phone (not that having the phone in its current state is all that helpful). She'll give me a call tomorrow after speaking to the first guy and try to have a resolution for me. I'm no longer hopeful; think I should be saving up for an iPhone.
    11-22-2015 10:47 AM
    Spoke too soon. Called today to follow up on me sending in the proof of purchase and they tell me they're making an exception to repair my phone since it's out of the year warranty (like I previously told them!) but can't send me a new device (like the person I spoke with yesterday said!). No manager on duty so I can plead my case about going 7-10 business days without a phone (not that having the phone in its current state is all that helpful). She'll give me a call tomorrow after speaking to the first guy and try to have a resolution for me. I'm no longer hopeful; think I should be saving up for an iPhone.
    The factory reset didn't help? Also, does this issue happen immediately after the factory reset or only after a while once you have loaded a few apps and have started to use the phone normally? I ask because it could be another app or service installed that is causing the problem.
    11-22-2015 12:23 PM
    the reset nor the cache reboot helped. it's still typing on it's own. I'm currently unable to send a text message.
    11-22-2015 05:04 PM