Clock Location Setting Wrong, How Can I Fix It?

WarningU2

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
Clock Location Setting Wrong

With recent updates both my HTC One and my wife's HTC One M8 now find Burlington Newfoundland rather than Burlington Ontario (where I live). I have it set to current location and it is overridden by clock city. I have manually set the time zone but it's annoying. I contacted HTC and they were not overtly helpful. I have read countless threads here and other forums and tried everything including resetting the phones. It still finds Burlington Newfoundland. I'm thinking of moving there. Anyone have any new suggestions? Never had this issue until some recent update.

Myers567

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
I have the exact same problem since mid November. I live in Burlington Ontario, also, and have an HTC One M8 and it continually finds me in Burlington NF if I turn on Automatic Time Zone. I've turned off the Automatic Time Zone and manually set to Eastern Standard Time, but I still get warnings from other apps (i.e. Fitbit often tells me that "it looks like there's something wrong with your time settings" or something like that, that I ignore). It'd be nice if there was a fix for this...

IamSavic

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: Clock Location Setting Wrong

Ya mine jumps 3 hours ahead I had to take off automatic time zone - stupid

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

Radalict

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same issue.

I moved from North Lakes in Queensland, Australia to Melbourne in Victoria, Australia. Yet on my home network, my phone and also google maps keeps showing me in North Lakes. It's 1800km away and a different time zone. Very frustrating. I cant for the life of me figure it out. It's not always that way, either.

The worst part is, it stuffs up my Tinder searches!