Android marshmallow 6.0

mindshadow

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
Has anybody not received the update to android 6.0 on htc one m8? They announced they were pushing the update out to unlocked versions but still I am yet to see any sight of this. In UK. Anybody had this/not had this?

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I am on Rogers network and I got 3 small files to update. I read one of the description and it mentioned that they are preparation files for Marshmallow 6.0. I downloaded and installed when the phone rebooted it still said 5.01 lollipop and said there are no new updates, weird!!?

IamSavic

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Ya same here I'm still waiting to i sent that mo got a messege on Twitter n he messege me back sayin real soon before the end of the year

alexisv635

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
CiD: HTC__332
Region: Latin America

It's out !!!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1451309985137.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1451309985137.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 121
  • uploadfromtaptalk1451309997084.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1451309997084.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 121

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Yes I just got update for Rogers Canada too! I regretted installing lollipop in the end so I will install marshmallow with out hesitation because it can't be worse than lollipop can it?

IamSavic

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
The only thing i don't like is now u get a boomsound notification that's always on in ur tray n they really ****ed up the music part on the lockscreen I used to b able to swipe down n it would appear now it unlocks the device ****n stupid

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Well so far so good...I installed it last night and it seems to be running really well...battery life seems to be a lot better than lollipop but I haven't signed into my accounts on all apps yet so things might change... battery life for me on lollipop was a big stink. I could lose 50% on a seven hour shift at work. Just finished a shift and phone only used 10% bit as I said I haven't signed into my apps yet so that will probably change. But even on lollipop at a similar state with not many apps signed in battery would drop incredibly.... I hope when I use my phone more that everything holds out batter life more, like the way perfect kitkat used to be.

mindshadow

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
Apparently on the htc UK twitter account they say that android 6.0 released date has yet to be announced and it in certification stage for development. Bit of a back track on this 90 day update guarantee they give

I think our american/south American friends have had the update up to now which is good news! I guess we will have to wait a bit longer

jens Van Keer

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Apparently on the htc UK twitter account they say that android 6.0 released date has yet to be announced and it in certification stage for development. Bit of a back track on this 90 day update guarantee they give

I think our american/south American friends have had the update up to now which is good news! I guess we will have to wait a bit longer

Did you see the llabtoofer update status?, there might be chance we get it this year, otherwise it's the next (year) few days :D

mindshadow

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
Did you see the llabtoofer update status?, there might be chance we get it this year, otherwise it's the next (year) few days :D

Sounds interesting who is llabtoofer is his sources accurate? Considering the m8 has been almost a year since android 5.0.1 was rolled we are long overdue an update

mindshadow

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
Any updated info regarding HTC M8 U.S.(Verizon particularly) and Marshmallow?

Thanks.

I believe North America are starting to see android 6.0 marshmallow but they started rolling out to unlocked handsets initially and this is what people have reported. Expect to an update for your phone carrier within the next few weeks I'd guess

Ant Biggs1

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
I have an unlocked HTC m9 and am on three network, still no joy. I thought the update was promised at the end of December 2015? I'm getting a bit annoyed waiting still as I need the update to help my battery life.

92turbo2

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Glad I'm leaving for Samsung as I'm tired of htc saying it will be done around this and that time and turn around and say it's gonna be another month, what's the point of saying a 90 day window when they continuesly miss it

mindshadow

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
I agree their 90 day update promise policy for the one m8 has been a disgrace. The one m8 has not had an android version update for now a period of 1 year which is not satisfactory for a company and phone of high expectations.

From what I hear it will be another long time until android marshmallow 6.0 is released in Europe. It's only in certification stage

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair