Unable to start camera and several Google apps. What can I do?

DankKush

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Unable to start camera and several Google apps.

I just flashed a nightly CM 13.0 on my HTC M8. It is currently running on android 6.0.1. I can open several apps (calculator, browser, calendar, and Google), but when opening apps such as Camera, Google Play Store, and a few Google apps, they crash. I tried rebooting, but to no avail. I practically cannot do anything on my phone without these apps functioning. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Either the build your installing isnt liking the device, or the install was bad, either way i would try to re-install the ROM OR go back to stock and then try to reload CM.

DankKush

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Either the build your installing isnt liking the device, or the install was bad, either way i would try to re-install the ROM OR go back to stock and then try to reload CM.
Nope. The Gapps was wrong, and there were several additional steps needed to fix the issue. There was nothing wrong with the ROM. Two days after asking the question, I get a wrong answer. Well, androidcentral is never much help.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Its pretty obvious there was something wrong with it OR you would not have had an issue after the install.
The Gapps you are describing are in the ROM.

DankKush

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Re: Unable to start camera and several Google apps.

Nope, wrong again. Gapps is not included in the CM ROM, nor is Gapps a ROM itself. Additionally, I mentioned there being problems in the camera and other google apps. I understand you thinking there being a problem in the ROM due to the camera not working, but what about the other google apps? My point again- problem in the Gapps, not the ROM.

Posted via the Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I am inclined to agree with either redownloading and reflashing the ROM again, or flashing the previous build.

DankKush

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site

Well, thanks for trying to help, but as I stated earlier, the problem was not in the ROM or any build. The problem was in the Gapps. I already fixed the issue. All I needed to do was reflash a smaller version of the android 6.0 gapps.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site

Well, thanks for trying to help, but as I stated earlier, the problem was not in the ROM or any build. The problem was in the Gapps. I already fixed the issue. All I needed to do was reflash a smaller version of the android 6.0 gapps.

Have you tried downloading a different version of ROM. Maybe for a different HTC. Extract the zip file and just find the camera app and install the apk?

You could also try looking for a different version of the nightly and flashing that one. I'm not sure if you can dirty flash them and be ok. I haven't messed with CM in a while so I'm not sure if flashing say two versions earlier than the one you have now on top of the one you have now would mess anything up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech