M8 update live in UK

stiflingcobra

Jan 1, 2016
Visit site
Just installed Marshmallow on my unlocked UK M8..

Three small updates followed by the main install..

Went very well so get checking folks if you've been waiting...

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

tryatt

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I did a manual check earlier and nothing.. Did a check just now and had 3 'small' updates pending.. less than around 3mb in total. Maybe pre-reqs? Installing now.. maybe a bad idea as i'm about to leave the office and head home!

ItsMikeE

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
I had the same 3 small updates - after running them I saw the full Marshmallow update which is currently running
Not unlocked - I am on Three UK

markfern811

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I also had the 3 small updates, then manually checked and currently installing the Marshmallow update. Unlocked UK version

ItsMikeE

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
So far so good
Had to set permissions on a few apps, but everything working fine
Be interesting to see what happens to battery life, particularly with doze

stiflingcobra

Jan 1, 2016
Visit site
I'm liking it apart from the white keyboard.. I like my theme and don't want to change it all around just to get a black keyboard that will vanish next time I change themes..

tryatt

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Got it.. So far so good.

Would have been better if you could use the 4th nav button to LOCK the nav to stop it from hide at all.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I'm peanut butter and jealous. I'm on AT&T here in the US(I know I know, but really we don't have any better choices) and will probably receive this update a few months from now.

tryatt

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
To be fair, the only thing I wanted it for was being able to set permissions per app individually.. ie. remove access to location for apps like Facebook, or remove microphone access to games(!).

Doze seems to be doing its job, my battery life seems pretty decent so far. And I've even turned the CPU performance back up to max in developer options.

mindshadow

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
Had it for little over 12 hours. My initial findings are that performance and speed of apps has increased which is definitely noticeable. So far so good. I will report on battery life soon

paulw79

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Been using now for a couple of hours speed is better. Is the doze function automatic? Noticed in storage section os is now at 7.3GB is this right seems large.

tryatt

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
The storage seems a little confusing? I now see App storage, SD card, emulated storage and emulated 0 - or something like that.

Doze is automatic. As long as the phone is unused/not moved/no sensors are being activated it will switch apps into doze mode. I've excluded a few apps (whatsapp and outlook) just in case.

Dogmann

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,

Also updated my unlocked M8 a few days ago and everything went nice and smoothly only thing i didn't like was the white keyboard but a quick theme change fixed that. I was eagerly awaiting the next release of a new phone from HTC as my M8 is nearly two years old and had stopped sounding alarms and in coming calls intermittently which was as annoying as hell. After this upgrade to MM which needed nothing to be done to my phone other than the previously mentioned theme change as all my apps and setting were kept intact its like having a new phone and it's working 100% perfectly again. I'm no longer caught up in needing and wanting the newest and fastest device as soon as it comes out race so will just move to a Sim only deal and save roughly 50% in line rental and continue with my now perfect M8.

Marc

Newport Dave

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

Also updated my unlocked M8 a few days ago and everything went nice and smoothly only thing i didn't like was the white keyboard but a quick theme change fixed that. I was eagerly awaiting the next release of a new phone from HTC as my M8 is nearly two years old and had stopped sounding alarms and in coming calls intermittently which was as annoying as hell. After this upgrade to MM which needed nothing to be done to my phone other than the previously mentioned theme change as all my apps and setting were kept intact its like having a new phone and it's working 100% perfectly again. I'm no longer caught up in needing and wanting the newest and fastest device as soon as it comes out race so will just move to a Sim only deal and save roughly 50% in line rental and continue with my now perfect M8.

Marc
Am going to do exactly same now after update. Keep the phone and change to sim only deal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz