Hi everyone,

I've seen lots of people posting about issues with the microphone on the M8 - I've still not been able to find a solution to what sounds like an usual problem.

The only way I can successfully make calls is with a headset. If I don't use a headset the receiver can hear me, but I cannot hear them. If I use loudspeaker I can hear them, but they cannot hear me.

I have rebooted in safe mode to see if any apps are messing with the microphone, there was no difference. I have done a factory reset, still no joy. I believe this happened after running through a bunch of system updates a couple of months ago.

The microphone actually works fine, I can record sound and video audio, which plays back fine. It seems to be only when trying to use it for calls. I cannot work out how to fix this, and really want to try and find a way of not relying on having a hands-free kit with me all the time.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated!
    01-29-2016 03:51 AM
    Hi everyone,

I've seen lots of people posting about issues with the microphone on the M8 - I've still not been able to find a solution to what sounds like an usual problem.

The only way I can successfully make calls is with a headset. If I don't use a headset the receiver can hear me, but I cannot hear them. If I use loudspeaker I can hear them, but they cannot hear me.

I have rebooted in safe mode to see if any apps are messing with the microphone, there was no difference. I have done a factory reset, still no joy. I believe this happened after running through a bunch of system updates a couple of months ago.

The microphone actually works fine, I can record sound and video audio, which plays back fine. It seems to be only when trying to use it for calls. I cannot work out how to fix this, and really want to try and find a way of not relying on having a hands-free kit with me all the time.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated!
    Welcome to Android Central!

Most phones have multiple microphones, the one handling the call could be bad. Have you tried going in to your dialer settings and turning off noise cancellation? Its a long shot but might fix the issue.
    02-03-2016 07:51 AM