HTC M8 random settings/info reset?

A

AC Question

HTC M8 random settings/info reset

Hello there, i have a stock htc m8 with android 6.0. Lately when my phone runs out of battery and when i finally start it back up again, i notice a lot of settings such as my ringtone, notification sound, game info, notes and messaging app information gets reset. I would have to re log back into the messaging app and reconnect my game info online. I really hope there is a solution to this because doing this continuously is quite tedious.

Another question is that why does my phone go from 15-20% of battery remaining to 0% in an instant sometimes?

thank you in advance!

Scaff

Feb 11, 2016
Visit site
Same or similar problem here. When the battery gets low and I recharge (with genuine QC2.0 charger) the settings are randomised. Examples: quick settings grid has new icons, I get challenged on which launcher to use, regular apps welcome me for the first time, location uses only wifi, etc). It's very frustrating and has only surfaced, AFAIK, since Marshmallow update. Also witnessed that the battery percentage dropped off a cliff. Battery was at 13%, then suddenly phone powered down and on plugging in charger indicated 0% battery.

graze81

Aug 28, 2011
slavetowhitey.tumblr.com
I've had the same thing happening after taking my phone off the charger. I have to turn back on my notification settings for my lock screen, I have to turn on bluetooth, wifi and data usage. Some of the my apps I have to login again to, others I don't. This doesn't happen every time I unplug the phone. Started after the upgrade to Marshmallow.

Aaron Lager

Jan 27, 2017
Visit site
I too have this issue with my HTC One M8. It's not related to battery, as far as I can tell. But upon restarting the phone, my settings get all corrupted.
Just last night I had to reset all my ringtones because ring/notification/alarm were all set to silent. Not to mention that every time I restart my phone I have to allow the weather app access to my location. Now LinkedIn app has forgotten it's permissions and is sending notifications!

On my wifes HTC 10, facebook just started sending notifications as well as News Republic, both of which were off previously.

HTC has a bug that they need to fix!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol