Keyboard issues after the update! Can I get some help?

A

AC Question

Keyboard issues after the update!

I had the android update but ever since my keyboard has a mind of it's own. I type words but when I check the keyboard has added additional letter or just chosen a bizarre word to type. This never happened before the update. What is going on and what can I do? It's extremely irritating. Thanks.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Keyboard issues after the update!

Hi, welcome to the forums! Which phone do you have and what Android update did you get? Are you using the stock keyboard or a third party app?

Dave B6

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site

Hi I have an HTC One M8. Not sure what the update was but it seemed to be a major android update as the phone look and feel is different. I now have Android 6.0 software number 6.12.401.4
When I type it is really is odd. It adds additional letter that I didn't touch virtually all the time and even puts in words that had more letters than I typed in the first place. So my messages are full of nonsense!
I just use the standard keyboard. It says it is the HTC Sense Input keyboard?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for registering Dave and welcome as a new member! I'll try to contact the moderators and see if they can move your thread to the M8 forum. For a start you could try clearing cache for the keyboard app and then reboot your phone.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

I'm not sure if things are a bit different on HTC phones but you could try this. Go to settings - apps - scroll down until you find the keyboard - tap on it - select storage - clear cached data.

cuffs50

May 9, 2012
Visit site

My phone has gotten much more responsive with the update. My keyboard was getting very laggy and opening/transitioning to apps was slow. Everything is much faster now so I'm a happy camper.

Journey1231

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site

Hi I have an HTC One M8. Not sure what the update was but it seemed to be a major android update as the phone look and feel is different. I now have Android 6.0 software number 6.12.401.4
When I type it is really is odd. It adds additional letter that I didn't touch virtually all the time and even puts in words that had more letters than I typed in the first place. So my messages are full of nonsense!
I just use the standard keyboard. It says it is the HTC Sense Input keyboard?

Labeo1

Jun 24, 2016
Visit site
I also have big problems with the keyboard have been smaller and very bad and the phone memory is full all the time and must move the app to SD card or delete them. This is my 4 HTC but the last if the problem is not resolved soon!