m8 odd charge/discharge

351crownvic

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Phone gets pluged in at night to charge. Battery level was aprox 50%. In morning phone said was still charging but was at 30%. No wifi and shows no apps using that much power. Now pulled a graph up from a app of % of charge per hr. It droped sharply from 20% to 0% hr area a vertical drop. It makes a nasty short quick wave pattern between 0% and -10%. It flatens out at 0% percent per hr and levels out for aprox 30-45 min. Then from there it makes a wave form pattern on the % of charge. Drops to aprox -10 then back to 0% hr area in about 30 min cycles of that. Unplug it in the am and plug it back in and it starts charging again.

Have 3 diff chargers .5 a 1 a 1.5 a And a 2 a from a new samsung phone. That have all fully charged the phone many times before. Now this happens, i tried diff cords and no change. Just like all older m8s charge port is a lil loose. But does this sound like a charge card issue?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'd back up everything just in case it's the port issue. If you're tried different cables and charges, then it's almost certainly a hardware issue with the phone. My two M8's had similar symptoms when their ports started going bad as well. I did find a QC2.0 charger and a premium cable with thick power wires (Volutz brand to be exact and I like them) helped a little bit. It was basically enough to get me another day or so out of my phone.