11-01-2018 11:17 AM
42 12
tools
    omg you are a lifesaver!! The webview app says it updated on 3/21/16, but my mail was still broken. I was so frustrated that I couldn't reply to any emails! Thank you thank you thank you! Androidcentral FTW
    04-05-2016 07:00 PM
    Thank you!!!!! This has been driving me crazy
    04-16-2016 03:32 PM
    The fix to uninstall the webview update is fantastic!! Thank you!!
    06-20-2016 03:35 PM
    My HTC One M8,which I have had since they were released, says "Unfortunately, mail has stopped working" This started yesterday. It receives emails. All updates are installed. What can i do?
    I saw about clearing cache or data. How do I do this? Do I lose emails when doing this?
    thanks for any help.
    My mail stop working for weeks. Can you fix it.
    08-14-2016 10:21 PM
    removing webview updates solved the Email problem ..well done regards RogerD007
    08-21-2016 02:20 PM
    my phone wont even let me get to the playstore help me please
    02-27-2017 01:40 PM
    This worked like a charm! Mail flowing again on multiple accounts. Thank you.
    03-23-2017 09:56 AM
    RayGee or anyone... I am having the same issue with my email. My WebView is not even enabled on my phone. I tried enabling it, and it automatically gets disabled! I have an LG K20 (I know, wrong thread). Please help!
    05-01-2017 10:48 AM
    I am new here. I have an HTC M8-1 I got through Rogers in January of 2014. I use it a lot. My battery is getting weak, ordered a new one. There's a place in Calgary called Great Tel that knows how to replace built in batteries. This past Sunday evening my phone shut down due to low battery power. I plugged it in to charge. After a bit I went to turn it on, and like many others I got a black screen with that message.. Unfortunately Sense Home has stopped.. This is what the software is called that powers the HTC plus others. I read others on this site were frustrated as this message just looped around when one tapped.. OK. What I found out, hope others may know, at the very top of the screen is that info bar which one can still by tapping on the top of the black screen, can still activate it and scroll down whatever is there. I found my settings page. I scrolled through it and found there was a software update available. I clicked on it, that loaded, and..wow..it activated the Sense Home and caused my phone to turn on. However.. Not without issues. This software upgrade acted like a partial reset as I lost my entire detailed contact list..had 545 contacts. Also lost my bookmarks and all my saved PDF downloads.
    Happily, I have a Samsung Chromebook...which is Gmail..also called Google. Thus in my settings, I found a stand alone entry..said.. Google.. I clicked on that, a long list of to options appeared, one of which said.. Restore contact list..tried it...happily it worked. Got my contacts back..however.. Now I need to reset all in those categories of..friend... VIP..etc. Where I had them. Also need to reattach the photos from my Gallery to many of the contacts. Happily the photo gallery was not affected. Yet I could not get my bookmarks and downloads...found in Tools app..back. Now another issue appeared.. when trying to send an email, I use Outlook..as soon as I want to enter text, I got that message.. Unfortunately email has stopped. Now what? I read through this site, and found I had to go to .. Google play... And uninstall that software upgrade as another user in this site claimed it was faulty. So I did and got to use my email again. Hope this info is helpful to all readers. To install a faulty software upgrade.. To get Sense Home operating again, then to uninstall it to get the email operating again. Almost pulled my hair out in frustration, but I never gave up. Am finding out with all the new improved other softwares coming, it seems a bit much for the HTC M 8 to handle even if it is a great work horse. Thus..I am wanting to get that new coming HTC u 11. Has a much better battery and more. Will use the HTC M 8 as backup, or can sell it to anyone who wants it. It will have a new battery. Cost me $49 installed.
    06-30-2017 10:14 PM
    May I also suggest to all cell phone users to download the app called
    DU Speedbooster. Its the cats meow for speeding up your phone, removing trash bits that slows down phones, speeds up your connection. That and turning off your phone and enter restart, helps in keeping everyone happy.
    I do this every few days. Hope my tip is helpful to all fellow phone users where ever you may be.
    06-30-2017 10:39 PM
    Just tried to email a reply..again got message.. Unfortunately mail has stopped..
    Had to go to Google player.. Some how this Webview was sent automatically as an update.. Had to uninstall it ..again..to get mail to work. Wonder why that happened.. The auto upgrade.
    07-01-2017 06:01 AM
    I unistalled webview last year on my m9 when it started doing that. Mail worked fine until 20mins back when it started doing it again. Funny thing webview is still disabled as it has been for the last almost year. Any advice?
    03-07-2018 04:43 AM
    I unistalled webview last year on my m9 when it started doing that. Mail worked fine until 20mins back when it started doing it again. Funny thing webview is still disabled as it has been for the last almost year. Any advice?
    This exact same thing just happened with my HTC 10. The webview is still disabled on mine (can't enable it either) and the Mail app now crashes when replying or creating a new message again since today. Looking at what was recently updated on it, there isn't anything related to HTC or the Android system that I could see.

I've cleared data/accounts/cache, rebooted multiple times and re-added the exchange account. No change, it still crashes when replying to an email. I haven't seen anyone else outside of your post here indicating a new problem.
    03-09-2018 06:22 PM
    Hi, I have an HTC 10, the same problem started last night around midnight. As soon as reply to an email it crashes. If forwarding email then crashes as soon as enter the body of the email. I have discovered that can share a photo to email and send it OK.... But dont try to add text into body.... Else guess what it crashed! When this first happened I was sharing a text message to Mail... and it crashed..... and has dine ever since.... Have cleared cache if Mail / Messages & emptied the clipboard via the keyboard. Any ideas?!?!?
    03-11-2018 05:17 AM
    Hi new to the forum. I have htc 10 that just started having same problem. Hopefully someone has a fix to offer.
    03-12-2018 02:32 PM
    Hi, there is a working solution on another thread.... https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...ml#post6189572.
    It appears that an update to Google Chrome has caused the hic-cup. One needs to uninstall the Chrome updates. Best to reboot phone. Then it should be back to normal service. Depending on how you have the Play Store setup.... You may need to change settings in Play Store so as not to do Auto Updates. Otherwise Chrome gets updated again and then the Mail crashes again.
    markwoll likes this.
    03-13-2018 07:45 PM
    The problem is the latest Android System Webview update. Something is wrong with the current one. Remove the update and you should be good to go.

Regards ----------------
    I managed this eventually. To find the Android System Webview app, I had to go into Playstore. Click on the menu icon in top lefthand corner. Select My apps. I was then able to see Android System Webview at the top of the list of apps, and then uninstal the update.
    11-01-2018 11:17 AM
42 12