How do I fix "Unfortunately,mail has stopped working" [HTC One M8]?

constance1

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
My HTC One M8,which I have had since they were released, says "Unfortunately, mail has stopped working" This started yesterday. It receives emails. All updates are installed. What can i do?
I saw about clearing cache or data. How do I do this? Do I lose emails when doing this?
thanks for any help.

RayGee

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
re: How do I fix "Unfortunately,mail has stopped working" [HTC One M8]?

The problem is the latest Android System Webview update. Something is wrong with the current one. Remove the update and you should be good to go.

Regards ----------------

RachelBowley

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site

Go to Google Play, search for Webview and you'll see the update.....uninstall it. I was having the same issue with mail and found this thread. Uninstalling the update immediately fixed my mail issue.

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site

Holy crap you're a lifesaver. I've been dealing with this for a month on my work phone. 👍👍👍😀

Posted via the Android Central App

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site

I didn't reinstall the update yet. I messaged the developer to see if this was being worked on. Last update for the app was Feb 9th. But my email works fine now.

RayGee

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site

I didn't reinstall the update yet. I messaged the developer to see if this was being worked on. Last update for the app was Feb 9th. But my email works fine now.

Thanks for notifying their dev team Stephen. I was buried here at work and never got around to it yesterday. I won't update until I see a new version available.

Regards ------------------------

mededitornj

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site

RayGee, thanks so much for the info about Web View. I uninstalled the updates and my email is working again!

AidyBarker

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site

Thank you - removing the WebView update (It actually said remove all) via Google Play worked. Can now create and send Mail again. HTC One M7 if that's of use to anyone!

ricardoroitman

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site

Incredible,,,, thanks so much, work for me as well like a charm ,,, inwas really getting worry ,, using HTC one M8
Thanks

Last edited:

rfortson

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site

The problem is the latest Android System Webview update. Something is wrong with the current one. Remove the update and you should be good to go.

Regards ----------------
You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar! Thank you.

RayGee

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar! Thank you.

You, sir, are most welcome (and all others too !). I have been upgrading/downgrading systems since 1983. Very thankful for the ease of removal on the Android platform.

Regards -----------------

Debsieo

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
RachelBowley - thanks so much for the directions. RayGee gave us the solution and you told this Luddite how to do it. SO much appreciated!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Very-Annoyed