APP Permissions messed up on HTC One M8 with Marshmallow

Geezerb

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
After the MM update, I set all my permissions. Now, after a restart of the phone, most of my permissions are reset to off. Even the mail asks for permission when it turns on. Same with my people widget.
This is getting frustrating. Anyone have this problem?

deepsheet

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I did the factory reset about a week ago and it's already forgetting permissions again. The reset did fix some other random issues, though.

bareit78

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm so done with HTC. I had an EVO 3D that was a disappointment and then became unusable after a year and a half. My M8 started having USB port issues after 6 months, was crippled by Lollipop which we were strung along with the promise of a fix until recently, several apps received "upgrades" that actually took away features, and now this permissions issue. On top of this, my phone is starting to become extremely laggy.

kgladstone

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I did the factory reset about a week ago and it's already forgetting permissions again. The reset did fix some other random issues, though.

Ditto! I did a factory reset about four weeks ago, for this reason and a couple others. And I'm still losing all my app permissions when I restart. And my phone always seems to get slower and slower the longer I keep it on, so I end out restarting about once a day to address that. Argh!

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Ditto! I did a factory reset about four weeks ago, for this reason and a couple others. And I'm still losing all my app permissions when I restart. And my phone always seems to get slower and slower the longer I keep it on, so I end out restarting about once a day to address that. Argh!
Hi im sorry your having this problem, unfortunately this seems to be a widespread issue that has not been resolved by HTC.... I'm so suffering this issue too...

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=687241

HTC need to resolve this problem by updating the service pack or updating MM again. I doubt they will update MM, and in not sure if m8 will get update to Android N. I'll probably have a be phone by then and I'm not sure it'll be HTC, which is a shame.

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I always get some screen overlay setting problem, and when I click take me there that app doesn't even show in the list. What a mess.

Jmmorales

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
I guess title of forum answers my question does Android M8 update to android 6, looking to seel wife's windows M8 with win10 and get the android version any one know where to get one at a decent price

Posted via Android Central App

mzman

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I have had the loss of permissions problem after restart for a while. It has persisted across multiple hard resets, and even multiple devices! I am working on a theory. For anyone here who has had this issue, did you encrypt your device? I'm trying to find a common thread, as clearly every device hasn't had this issue, but many have. Any input is appreciated.

Rob Leslie

Oct 24, 2016
Visit site
I have had the loss of permissions problem after restart for a while. It has persisted across multiple hard resets, and even multiple devices! I am working on a theory. For anyone here who has had this issue, did you encrypt your device? I'm trying to find a common thread, as clearly every device hasn't had this issue, but many have. Any input is appreciated.

I am having this annoying issue with my Zenfone 3. My device is encrypted and I do suspect this is causing the issue. I also have an issue where long audio book files I download won't play or remember their position. I would theorize that this is not a manufacturer issue but an Android software issue related to the latest updates.

mzman

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I am having this annoying issue with my Zenfone 3. My device is encrypted and I do suspect this is causing the issue. I also have an issue where long audio book files I download won't play or remember their position. I would theorize that this is not a manufacturer issue but an Android software issue related to the latest updates.

Yours is the only post I've seen of a first-hand account where a non-HTC device has this issue.

Can you clarify what permissions issue you are having, so we are completely sure it's the same thing?

HTC has a small market share. I don't understand how it could be that there are dozens of posts on this issue with HTC phones, but only one for non-HTC. I mean, Samsung has many times the market share!

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Yours is the only post I've seen of a first-hand account where a non-HTC device has this issue.

Can you clarify what permissions issue you are having, so we are completely sure it's the same thing?

HTC has a small market share. I don't understand how it could be that there are dozens of posts on this issue with HTC phones, but only one for non-HTC. I mean, Samsung has many times the market share!
Here's another device from Sony with similar issue...

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2564541
Not just HTC, Samsung premium devices also having the problem.
Whilst I agree it mainly seems to be HTC devices suffering bfromnthis issue I have seen other reports of other brands with this issue too...

My guess was that it's linked to a configuration / version /setting of Marshmallow Obviously if this is happening on lollipop then that theory is blown somewhat....

I've said it before this is why I'm against the 90 day promise to update to next operating system...companies end up rushing to update and leave behind annoying bugs...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol