Before I could just plug my phone into my computer, drag whatever music into the sync section, hit sync, and it'd be there. Now, there are the following options when I connect the USB: Charging, File Transfers, Software installation, Tethering, MIDI input, and MirrorLink connection. The only problem is, the description for file transfers is "Transfer media files to a computer." And when I tried syncing music from my computer to my phone, it did just that - takes less than a second to say it's finished because nothing is going to the phone. What do I need to do to get it to send files the other way (to my phone)?
    03-11-2016 06:18 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! The File Transfer option should be the same as MTP (Media Transfer Protocol), and should allow you to move files back and forth. But that doesn't mean WMP syncing will work. In my experience, WMP syncing has never worked well, if at all, with Android devices.

Before this update, when you were having success with WMP syncing, was it syncing to the phone's Internal Storage, or to the SD card? If it was to the SD card, that might be part of the problem, if you made the SD card into Adoptable Storage.
    03-11-2016 07:58 PM