NOTE: Moderator edited my title, these are not my words, not seeing how to fix it.

I think the problems with my upgrade recently are due to Google, Verizon, and HTC, and I can only guess which ones for each.

• media player widget in notification shade pull-down still takes up 2 or 1 rows depending on how Android feels
    • media player now shows "HTC BoomSound" toggle bar in the notification shade pull-down when media player starts, even if only a game is running with its music/sound disabled; can't be swiped away or disabled
    • still shows "Connected to WiFi" notification every time and nothing is able to disable it
    • shows "Finding Location" or "Location Found" notification when Google Maps or GPS is being used, can't be swiped away or disabled (long-press shows System UI as notifier)
    • long-press text menu randomly hides Select All/Cut/Copy/Paste behind ellipsis and now takes 1 second to pop up rather than immediately
    • long-pressing space between words doesn't make Paste option show up
    • highlighting and dragging handle to the right only highlights by word, dragging back by letter is laggy
    • Share menu shows apps in unalphabetized grid with most-recents at top (alphabetized list is easier), showing people I contact most (undesirable for reasons I'm sure you can guess)
    • screen time-out fade is now creepily slow, touch fade-in is annoying slow (have to keep squinting for several seconds), no options to change the timing anywhere, the Nexus 5 is normal

The only improvements I've noticed are speed and consistency (hardly any jankiness), but all of these new small (and large) annoyances dozens of times per day adds up to frustration that makes me want to ditch the phone and be wary of Android and updates. Not happy with upgrading so far (iOS 7 was even worse).

I'd love to root except for the insecurity and buggyness that comes along with it.
    03-29-2016 11:45 PM
    Did you already try wiping the cache partition? https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-10672
    03-30-2016 03:32 PM
    Yah, these problems aren't cache issues, they're by design as far as I can tell. I was just hoping for some secret menu or something. Have you actually tried this stuff yourself?
    04-02-2016 10:57 PM
    Nope, it was just a general suggestion, since it never really hurts to try the cache wipe. I'll defer to anyone else who has the actual phone ...
    04-03-2016 07:06 PM
    Moderator edited my title, not seeing how to restore it or delete the thread; this hasn't been a good experience so far.
    04-04-2016 09:25 PM
    What did the title say before? Moderators will occasionally edit thread titles to clarify a question. Sorry--it's meant to help, not to detract.
    04-04-2016 11:45 PM
    I have an HTC One M8 GPE w/ Marshmallow and my notifications bar just vanished yesterday. I can no longer log onto wifi or utilize the pull down menu at all. I'm still getting the notification noises and have the Next app from Microsoft installed so that's the only way I'm able to see my notifications. I'd like to know how to restore it as well.
    04-05-2016 11:53 AM
    What did the title say before? Moderators will occasionally edit thread titles to clarify a question. Sorry--it's meant to help, not to detract.
    I don't remember, I think it was just "Problems with HTC One M8 Verizon Marshmallow". There's no way I would write "can I get some help?" http://imgur.com/xJaDY3P
    04-05-2016 11:19 PM
    I don't remember, I think it was just "Problems with HTC One M8 Verizon Marshmallow". There's no way I would write "can I get some help?" Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
    Ok, took that part out.
    04-06-2016 02:25 AM