Unaccounted Internal Memory Usage

Amol Pandit

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Hi
I have HTC One M8 Harman Kardon Edition. It has 32 GB Internal Memory. Before updating to Marshmallow ie. Android 6 it showed a usage of 19GB internal Memory. But now its showing 28.82GB usage of internal memory. On checking it shows 21.27GB used by system thus slowing down phone and making it laggy. how to fix that ? an what is causing this issue ?

Amol Pandit

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
i have update via official OTA. i have also wiped the cache from the recovery mode. also wiped app cache from settings. but system is still using 21.77gb which is way too high. i have also not installed any new apps. the phone has become sluggish and annoying. i would like to avoid a full format.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Use a file manager app and look around the various directories for any big .obb files. These are usually associated with big apps (often games). If you find any and the app is no longer installed, then the .obb file might have been left behind, and can be deleted.

Amol Pandit

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I checked everything. No major internal memory usage. My phone isn't rooted so no access to system folders. But nothing out of the ordinary. I think ota left crap in system folder.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If it were a Samsung device, I'd suggest a logcat dump, but I don't think that's available on non-Samsung devices.

I'm not sure what else to try. If it has an SD card inserted, try removing it and rebooting, in case the card is corrupt and causing problems.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance