Hi there. I am having major problems with my HTC One M8 from T-Mobile. I think my phone is like a dead horse now.

The micro usb port on my phone seems to be faulty as much, and worst the phone drains a little faster that it won't charge while on. It is hard to plug charger to the phone and you have to bend it right and likely down and at most it won't charge or at sometimes it can charge but slowly. I have that phone for 19 months and I still on the 2 year contact from T-mobile. I also tried to calibrate the battery but It's hard to do it and It's hard to reach 100% on my phone. I tried to bring my phone to the repair shop uBreakiFix along with replacements parts that I plan to buy (The battery and the usb port which will cost 18.66 all together) to fix my phone because it hard for me to do it and I don't have any requirements to fix my phone, but I am not sure how much It will cost to fix it. I will plan to buy an HTC 10 or another phone if things do not plan out but I also afraid that my phone isn't going to last a month if not fixed (I also wanted the Samung galaxy S7 edge but it seems to be too expensive, and I am not sure about buying the Samung Galaxy S7 as well because of the price and the battery life). I also have a Samsung galaxy s blaze as my previous phone but I am not sure If I can use this phone as my back up.

Is there a best solution there for me? is there any other way around as well?
    04-01-2016 05:04 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! It sounds like you don't have much choice--bring it to the repair shop. You can always ask for an estimate first.
    04-02-2016 01:47 AM
    Usually it's the USB cables that go bad, so try a new one of those if you haven't already.

Unfortunately the M8 does seem to have a weak USB port design too. I went through two that had failed ports, and seen several others on here with the same issues. My suggestion is to back up everything before it's too late and the port fails completely. Then move on to another phone if possible. I wouldn't stay with the M8 if I were you. I cut my losses and upgraded early when my second one went out.
    04-03-2016 10:58 AM