Why can't I make / receive any calls on HTC One M8 after OTA update for Wi-Fi calling?

dannomn

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site
I accepted an OTA update on Mar. 31st to improve the Wi-Fi calling on my HTC One M8. After the update installed, I am no longer able to make or receive phone calls on the phone using either the cell network (T-Mobile) or over Wi-Fi. The speakers on the phone are also not providing any audio on any media (movies, music, internet, etc....).

I was running Marshmallow (6.0) prior to this update, and I have tried a few things already to bring the calling and audio back. I have wiped the cache, and the cache partition through the bootloader . I then did a factory reset earlier today, still no ability to make or receive calls or get any audio. I've plugged in headphones to try and test the audio that way, but still no audio. I also tried the Bluetooth headset I have, and while I do get audio that way on all media, I still make any calls that way either.

I've sent some reports off to techs, but have not had much luck in finding the solution. Please help or let me know if this is a widespread issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs