Overall performance with marshmallow? Still recommended?

mikeyboy80

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
Im after a 'run-around' device for a few months, i can go for the S6 but i hate the interface so been looking at the m8 again but worried its over 2 years old now. But with marshmallow on, is the speed and performance still good? Whats the browsing speed like

Ive got an iphone 6 but it's starting to slow down abit.

joantbak

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Still a great phone I believe. Have Marshmallow running without issues. it's a few year old now and depending on heavy use you may get stuttering. I run mine with Android wear watch which installs apps in phone only so I have only a couple of 100mbs of space left on the internal mem most of the time with may contribute to my lag. I find if you have more space you'll get better performance (as with most memory dependant devices) as for better than a iphone 6 its hard to say. probably more about OS preference really. Have you tried a reset on the phone as that will often clear it out and speed things up.

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
For me kitkat was king with this phone...it regressed with lollipop and then back to being brilliant with marshmallow...on a different issue I wish the battery was removable as I have lost about 20% battery capacity in the two years I have had it...

lontano

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
My experience so far is that with Marshmallow this is the best my phone has ever performed. This wasn't true initially but I did a factory reset after upgrading. I'm in a moral dilemma now over the HTC 10 because I'm enjoying my M8 so much these days!