Why won't my HTC One M8 charge?

A

AC Question

HTC One m8 won't charge

My HTC One m8's battery fully drained a few days back and now it won't charge anymore. When I plug the charger in the red light turns on for less than a second so it does make contact.

I tried different wallplugs (high and low voltage), different USB cables and cleaned the micro usb port.

Does anyone know what might be the problem?

Ruben Aalders

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
Re: HTC One m8 won't charge

To fill in on my problem.

I found out that when I do not fully insert the plug into the micro usb port it charges for 5 ~ 6 seconds.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

Could be the port itself is going bad. That happened twice to me, and I've seen it happen with several others here. My advice is charge it if you can, and back everything up to prepare for replacing it. I did try having a shop just repair my a second one by replacing the port, but that didn't fix it. At that point I cut my losses and upgraded early.

Ruben Aalders

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for your advice.

Brought it to a repair shop just now. Hope they will fix it.

Upgrading isn't the problem. Already got me a new phone. Hope to sell it when it works!

flintlock

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site

It'll be interesting to see if it works. Of course the success of the repair depends on the quality of the solder job.

My port was going bad on my S3 so I upgraded. Still might want to fix the S3-still snappy with a great ROM.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang