Screen issue in some apps, please help?

JHumphrey52

Apr 17, 2016
Visit site
Hey all I'm not a phone wizz by far and I know the One M8 is not a brand new phone so some age problems may be expected but i recently bought a One M8 off my friend and its like new in the limited edition blue, I've not had it long however have noticed in some very specific apps and games such as fallout shelter/hearthstone the screen displays a kind of checkerboard effect (see attached photo) which does not occur on another friends HTC One M8 and was wondering if anyone could help me out and potentially shine some light on the situation. Screenshot_20160417-160957.jpg
Absolutely any advice would be appreciated even if its not good new lol, this issue seems to only be restricted to just the one app so far I've not noticed it in any other apps or games that I've seen don't know if this would help.

Thank you
Jake~

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I know you said you didn't have this issue on a friend's M8, but I'd have to suspect a software bug related to the app's programming. Have you checked the Play Store reviews, using the "this device only" option to see if other M8 users are having this issue? Bugs can be fickle. You could have two identical devices with a bug that surfaces on one but not the other.

I'd suggest emailing the developer and seeing if they have any ideas.

JHumphrey52

Apr 17, 2016
Visit site
Ive checked the reviews and have not found anything mentioning the weird effect im seeing anywhere, also the game is currently installed on the internal memory according to the storage & usb tab in settings

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22