The recent update on my phone has caused a new function which is rather irritating If I am watching something and I plug my charger a screen pops up with a battery icon what percentage it is at and how long till its fully charged it also shows ads. When clicking on the 3 dots on the top left corner the only option it has is to boost charge. The screen is rather annoying and I cant switch it off also even though my phone is set to UK English this screen shows the date in American format. Can anyone help in switching this function off?
    05-09-2016 05:27 PM
    Hello Perla, welcome to the forums! There are different apps that could be pushing that screen, file explorers, keyboards, games, etc. Do you have ES File Explorer installed? Take a look at this thread for more information.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=640251
    New Speed Charge/Battery Status Lock Screen with annoying ads "just appeared" on GN4
    05-09-2016 05:31 PM
    It's probably the same speed-charge lock screen (which is basically an ad) ppl get from apps such as GoSMS, GoLauncher, etc. It recently popped up and people are pissed about it.

Uninstall all Go-Apps and see if it helps.
    05-10-2016 02:00 PM
    I couldn't find the apps you stated but I went into the options and unchecked the Boost Charge option which is the only option in the options menu and now the stupid screen no longer appears. I have no clue what app is using it but it is now stopped and my phone isn't overheating anymore when charging.

Thank You so much for your help!!!!
    05-29-2016 04:22 PM