Full HD records very good audio but the files are huge.

stock audio recorder records miserably bad audio quality.

I want to record good audio like i get in the top video setting but dont need the great video quality.. or any video really.

So i am wondering if, compared to "Full HD", the regular "HD" and the two lower video settings have crappier audio quality, as well as crappier video. I will have to do some tests since I cant find any specs on what the audio quality is inside each video setting.

Really though Id love to be able to capture audio of the same quality i get while recording Full HD. I just dont want a 700MB file with video for a 4 minute (great quality) audio clip that takes 8 hours to upload to youtube.

anybody else had this dilemma?
    05-14-2016 04:57 AM
    I want to record good audio like i get in the top video setting but dont need the great video quality.. or any video really.
    So gwt a sound recorder. HD video recording goes with HD audio quality. You're not going to find a super HD audio recorder on a cheap bad video recorder. (You can record 1 picture, then use that for the video.)
    05-14-2016 03:16 PM
    thanks for the reply!

I have tried an audio recorder but like i have seen others say here, it saves the files in weird places and it is painful to use if i just want to send a quick message to somebody. i was hoping there was a built in solution for this.

i did some tests today using a 20 sec video recording

Full HD - too big to attach to message
    HD - too big to attach to message
    next one down - too big to attach to message
    last one - lets me attach and i can do up to a minute but of course, this is the default message video resolution and the sound is back to crappy.

So what you said is true, lower video grade brings with it lower audio grade.
    05-14-2016 03:51 PM