Hi,

Recently I lost all my data from my phone and when I tried HTC Backup it wrote I shall log in the cloud storage. I'm logged in Google Drive and I don't know about any other storage. What could be the problem and how can I solve it? I use an HTC One m8 with the latest update.

Thanks for your help,
    Raiam
    05-20-2016 08:19 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! In order for that data to be in the cloud somewhere, you would have had to set a backup to occur. Google Drive will automatically sync/backup documents and other files that you've saved or uploaded to Drive, but it won't automatically back up other files on the phone's internal storage. I believe HTC Backup is something you have to initiate yourself, at least at first: HTC One - Using HTC Backup - SETTINGS & SERVICES - How-tos - Support | HTC United States. Is that what you were doing?

How did you lose all of your data? Did you have to do a factory reset for some reason?
    05-20-2016 05:50 PM
    Thanks for the welcome message
    To be honest I never backed up my data but HTC Backup says I have a backup from February. I choose my account (I'm sure it's right), click on next and it writes I should sign in to cloud storage but I'm already signed in my Drive and Google and HTC accounts.
    Unfortunately, I let my phone discharge to 0% and when I turned it on all but system data disappeared. My storage's still almost full so the data is there I guess. Can't I save it somehow?
    05-21-2016 02:11 AM
    Thanks for the welcome message
    To be honest I never backed up my data but HTC Backup says I have a backup from February. I choose my account (I'm sure it's right), click on next and it writes I should sign in to cloud storage but I'm already signed in my Drive and Google and HTC accounts.
    Unfortunately, I let my phone discharge to 0% and when I turned it on all but system data disappeared. My storage's still almost full so the data is there I guess. Can't I save it somehow?
    Hi I'm in the same boat my phone died and then appeared to upgrade itself when plugged in and now I have no contacts and it won't allow restore without signing in to correct account but I am signed in to google .please help?
    05-21-2016 06:05 AM
    I choose my account (I'm sure it's right), click on next and it writes I should sign in to cloud storage but I'm already signed in my Drive and Google and HTC accounts.
    Can you be more specific? Which account are you choosing? What screens are asking you to sign into cloud storage, and does it specify which cloud? Is this an HTC app that's asking?
    05-21-2016 12:26 PM
    I open the HTC Backup and click on "Restore from backup". I choose my only backup from February and click. Then it asks which account I wish to use. I choose the account that has the backup and a window appears that says 'Please sign in with the cloud storage account for the selected backup" As far as I know it should be on G. Drive but I'm already logged in to Drive. (or Dropbox but I don't have a dropbox account)
    05-21-2016 02:48 PM
    Is there a space to log in on that request? If so, log in. Even if you're logged in, if you're asked to log in, log in.
    05-21-2016 03:28 PM
    No, it redirects to the window where I can choose then the same process over and over again.
    05-22-2016 01:48 AM
    I choose the account that has the backup and a window appears that says 'Please sign in with the cloud storage account for the selected backup"
    Does it actually give you various cloud storage options to pick from? Does the option specify Google Drive or Dropbox?

If it's Google Drive and if you have 2-step authentication turned on, try turning it off temporarily.
    05-22-2016 01:30 PM
    It doesn't, I click on ok and it redirects me where I can choose my backup again. It doesn't specify Drive or Dropbox, it just says cloud storage.
    How can I do that? I didn't find that in settings and it looks like I'm a newbie ^^"
    05-23-2016 03:22 AM
    I think you can only turn off 2-step on your Google account webpage (and it might have to be on your computer, not your mobile browser): https://support.google.com/accounts/.../1064203?hl=en
    05-23-2016 06:10 PM
    I did it and it was already turned off and still everything's the same. (And I could do it from phone)
    05-24-2016 02:06 AM
    Sorry, but I'm not sure what to try next. Have you tried contacting HTC support? HTC Support | HTC United States. Click on the Call or Chat button at the upper right.
    05-25-2016 12:42 PM
    Thet sent me to the Hong Kong support where isn't live chat so.. I guess I'll make a factory reset and hope I can backup x) Thanks for your help!
    B. Diddy likes this.
    06-01-2016 01:30 PM