How can I perform Marshmellow upgrade to AT&T HTC One M8 without active cellular service?

A

AC Question

I have an HTC One M8 with AT&T that's running KitKat. It currently does not have cellular service, but I'd like to use it with my new car stereo to have Android Auto and some other apps, but it requires Lollipop or newer. AT&T says I can't do an OTA upgrade without cellular service (it connects to my wi-fi at home and in the car obviously). I've tried to manually load the ROM by downloading it from the HTC website without success.

Does anyone have advice on getting this device to upgrade? I'm willing to root it (will have to anyway for Appradio Unchained), flash it, do a rain dance, whatever it would take. I'd love to somehow figure out how to flash this thing to a clean version of the Android OS without all the AT&T nonsense!

Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm pretty tech savvy (well at least back in my day), but I haven't been able to find a specific answer to this situation online yet.

thebaine

Jun 9, 2016
Visit site
I do have HTC sync, and actually spoke with HTC online support to try and get the update to work, and while they were helpful, I was unable to load it either thru Sync or thru the disabled fastboot/manual method.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
someguyredeye