downgrade OS HTC ONE M8
    06-22-2016 03:14 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! What's the problem with the current version? Maybe we could help with that first.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    06-23-2016 12:02 PM
    You should be able to RUU back to an earlier version. However, you will need a Windows PC (Linux is definately out, and I don't think a Mac can do this either), and this does completely wipe the device.

I do agree with B. Diddy....what is your issue? Perhaps something can be figured out.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    06-24-2016 10:06 AM
    My issue is one that my carrier (Verizon) tells me is common with the most updated OS. They even directed me to a thread which I've since lost, documenting these common issues. I've had my HTC One for about 2 years, and all of the sudden:

it forgets my permissions all of the time
    it crashes most apps
    phone calls, texts, emails - no matter which app I use for it - no longer "remember" my contacts (to predictively enter addresses after I write their names)

I have no idea if a fix is in the works - the thread I was directed to was a year old, so that's discouraging - nor do I know what to do (getting my 2nd replacement phone sent to me now, but I'm not hopeful). I've used only HTCs for years now ... but this may drive me to go another direction when I buy my next phone.

Please help!
    06-25-2016 02:43 PM
    My issue is one that my carrier (Verizon) tells me is common with the most updated OS. They even directed me to a thread which I've since lost, documenting these common issues. I've had my HTC One for about 2 years, and all of the sudden:

it forgets my permissions all of the time
    it crashes most apps
    phone calls, texts, emails - no matter which app I use for it - no longer "remember" my contacts (to predictively enter addresses after I write their names)

I have no idea if a fix is in the works - the thread I was directed to was a year old, so that's discouraging - nor do I know what to do (getting my 2nd replacement phone sent to me now, but I'm not hopeful). I've used only HTCs for years now ... but this may drive me to go another direction when I buy my next phone.

Please help!
    Have you tried resetting the device?
    06-25-2016 04:00 PM