Why is my HTC One M8 camera slow and lagging when trying to take a picture?

A

AC Question

HTC One M8 Camera slow and lagging when trying to take a picture

Yesterday 27/6 my camera was working fine, today 28/6 my camera is now very slow and lagging when trying to take pictures.

When i press the shutter button it does not take a picture for a least 10 seconds sometimes longer.

Has there been an update that is now affacting the camera? Is there away of resolving this issue?

Dirtyface

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
Re: HTC One M8 Camera slow and lagging when trying to take a picture

Yesterday 27/6 my camera was working fine, today 28/6 my camera is now very slow and lagging when trying to take pictures.

When i press the shutter button it does not take a picture for a least 10 seconds sometimes longer.

Has there been an update that is now affacting the camera? Is there away of resolving this issue?

Dirtyface

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
Must be something they have done as mine is exactly the same. Also takes ages to bk out of the app and in the app takes ages to switch from the different modes.

Chris Rodgers1

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
My wife's phone is doing it as well, exactly as you've all described above. Not happened to mine though. This is the only thread I can see to find on it.

Lyhne

Jun 29, 2016
Visit site
Mine too!
Even did a factory reset, which solved the issue.. But after updating all apps, via Play Store it happened again..

Theo Herpers

Jun 29, 2016
Visit site

JayneNoor

Jun 29, 2016
Visit site
Same problem for me. Fine the day before yesterday, then suddenly yesterday (28/6/16) slow to take photos, agonisingly slow when trying to switch between camera and video. Help please someone.

V7P

Jun 29, 2016
Visit site

I have exactly the same issue at the same time. Video keeps crashing also.

Tamimzzz

Jun 29, 2016
Visit site

Hi, I am facing the same problem from last 3/4 days. The camera was all fine before. But suddenly the lag. Takes 10-15 second to take a picture and more 10 second to save it on the memory. Did you get any solution. Please feel free to share. Thanks.

Tamimzzz

Jun 29, 2016
Visit site
Exactly. Taking pictures with whatsapp snapchat facebook or other app is fine. But the built in HTC camera got all the lag. I am relieved that it's not only me who faced the problem. Please feel free if anyone find a solution.

albiswiss

Jun 29, 2016
Visit site
Go to the HTC Car App, tap Speak, download your language pack and the camera will work again. Crazy but it worked for me (I could not find HTC Speak on my phone).

meanderingyogi

Jun 29, 2016
Visit site
Go to the HTC Car App, tap Speak, download your language pack and the camera will work again. Crazy but it worked for me (I could not find HTC Speak on my phone).

I have no idea why this worked but it did. Felt like my camera had bricked but now it works fine post Car app tweak. Was this some background level permissions issue??

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1