Okay, so I went through all the threads here and didn't see this one. I hope I'm not double posting!

My double tap to wake and slide up to unlock is not working on my M8 running Marshmallow, stock "T-Mobile", Sense 7...

Basically any Motion Gesture is not working!
    I've tried to clear the cache, uninstall the motion gesture app, which I can't do! My phone does not give me an option to remove the app.. It's seems to be a known issue though, went in the app store yesterday under the HTC Motion Gesture app and a lot of people are complaining theirs has stopped working as well!

Any one found a fix??
    Thanks!
    07-29-2016 11:37 AM
    Just to be sure--when you go to the Motion Gestures menu, everything there is turned on the way you want it? HTC One (M8) - Turning Motion Launch gestures on or off - GETTING STARTED - How-tos - Support | HTC United States

Also, any recent system updates?
    07-30-2016 08:58 PM
    I did have this problem on the m8 for a few weeks. Even with it turned on in the settings, it did not seem to respond to a double tap at all. Suddenly it started working again but I am not sure exactly what triggered it to work. I'm on android 6.0. Try restartin the phone or factory reset if needed.

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-31-2016 01:10 AM
    I did have this problem on the m8 for a few weeks. Even with it turned on in the settings, it did not seem to respond to a double tap at all. Suddenly it started working again but I am not sure exactly what triggered it to work. I'm on android 6.0. Try restartin the phone or factory reset if needed.

Posted via the Android Central App
    OK so my motion gestures started working this morning.. I did a hard reset a few weeks ago and everything was running fine so, I didn't want to do another one.. Like you I don't know what triggered it to all of a sudden start working.. But I'm happy it is working, when it becomes habit to unlock your phone that way it's hard to break habit 😆
    07-31-2016 11:09 AM
    Glad it's working again! Next time, instead of a factory reset, see if a cache partition wipe does the trick: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-10672. This way, you won't lose any personal data.
    07-31-2016 05:40 PM
    Glad it's working again! Next time, instead of a factory reset, see if a cache partition wipe does the trick: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-10672. This way, you won't lose any personal data.
    @bdiddy yea I did that originally and it didn't help any.. It just started working out the blue.. Weird!!
    B. Diddy likes this.
    07-31-2016 06:59 PM
    It still works @BDIddy even up to today, feb 27 2018! Thanka bud!!!
    02-26-2018 06:11 PM