HTC One M8 slow charging and short battery life

anon(10016214)

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Hey! So I've had my One M8 since March 2015. Everything was great up until 2-3 months ago, when battery life got progressively shorter. I marked this down as normal, since I use my phone a lot, and ordered a new (original) battery online, since shops in my area charge (literally) 3 times the price of the battery to repair it for you.

While waiting for my battery to be delivered, I started having issues with the charging port. It only charges at a certain angle, and the "slow charging" warning pops up constantly.

I received the battery, replaced it myself, and lo and behold: it's literally just as bad as before. I understand the slow charging part, the port is probably defective, but what about the battery? I've tried "re-calibrating" it to no avail, and now I'm stuck watching my phone slowly die and fade away. Is there anything I can do to fix the battery (and perhaps the port as well)? Thanks in advance!

Update: After battery calibration, phone is not charging at all (even though it says it is). 2% and going down.

Last edited:

dexterouz

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
I have used HTC One and 2 of my friends using Desire series. We all had the same issues. Slow charging warning pop up, heating and rapid discharging. I sold my device at 50% loss within 6 months of use. Never went to HTC ever again.

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey! So I've had my One M8 since March 2015. Everything was great up until 2-3 months ago, when battery life got progressively shorter. I marked this down as normal, since I use my phone a lot, and ordered a new (original) battery online, since shops in my area charge (literally) 3 times the price of the battery to repair it for you.

While waiting for my battery to be delivered, I started having issues with the charging port. It only charges at a certain angle, and the "slow charging" warning pops up constantly.

I received the battery, replaced it myself, and lo and behold: it's literally just as bad as before. I understand the slow charging part, the port is probably defective, but what about the battery? I've tried "re-calibrating" it to no avail, and now I'm stuck watching my phone slowly die and fade away. Is there anything I can do to fix the battery (and perhaps the port as well)? Thanks in advance!

Update: After battery calibration, phone is not charging at all (even though it says it is). 2% and going down.
My port failed has well and I payed 20 euros to replace it on a trusted repair shop. Battery life is worse but it started just after upgrading from kitkat to Lollipop. The guy says that I probably won't see much difference if I replace the battery now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci