Many moons ago, my HTC one M8 died. Recently, I lost a dear friend, and I'd like the pictures from t

Danmanmoran

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
Long story made very very short, my HTC one m8 mysteriously stopped working in December of last year. It would not turn on, charge, connect to a computer, or even acknowledge that it was plugged in. I got it to charge once around the time it started, but didn't have it on long enough to transfer data. This of course occurred just out of warranty, so I bought out of my contract and bought a new phone. I swore off of HTC phones right then.

Almost a year later, someone near and dear to my heart has died. There are pictures of us on that phone, that have been lost ever since. I didn't think anything of them until just today, and was wondering if there was any way to get them back.

I don't care if I've got to destroy the phone, or pay to have it fixed. I know that since then I have messed with the charging port to a point where I'm damn near certain it's FUBAR.

Any ideas?

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Well, unless the photos are on the SD card, you're not going to get the photos from the phone unless the phone can be turned on. You might take it to a repair shop and have them power it up just long enough to pull data from the phone and transfer to SD. If the repair shop is able to power up the phone, be sure to use the "copy" function and NOT the "move" function when transferring the photos. There are too many people here that "move" data only to find something went wrong during the move. Once these phones move files, they are deleted from the original location, whether or not the move was successful. Use the copy function and verify the files do actually appear fine on the SD.

Hopefully, you can find a repair shop that'll help you and not charge you the same amount it would cost to repair the phone. That's all I got. Good luck!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech