I love this phone and I although I want to upgrade, I dont see anything on the market right now that I really like.

That said, my M8 is very slow in specific areas (namely name lookups in email and sms and camera). If I can get those two things sped up, id have no problem holding on to this phone for the time being.

I have tried everything under the sun to speed these things up and nothing has worked. Im thinking its time for a hard reset.

Just so I know what im doing here...what should I do/backup/know before moving forward?

Thanks in advance for your help.
    10-14-2016 03:15 PM
    I love this phone and I although I want to upgrade, I dont see anything on the market right now that I really like.

That said, my M8 is very slow in specific areas (namely name lookups in email and sms and camera). If I can get those two things sped up, id have no problem holding on to this phone for the time being.

I have tried everything under the sun to speed these things up and nothing has worked. Im thinking its time for a hard reset.

Just so I know what im doing here...what should I do/backup/know before moving forward?

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Any Documents, notifications, alarms and ringtones you could have downloaded and Photos and videos that are on the internal storage. Afterwards you will have to login once on each app you have installed. Yes, it's not like Apple unfortunately, where you don't even have to do that. But it's very easy. It's a surprise you didn't do it before, every six months I do a reset since it does wonders in terms of storage and smoothness.
    10-14-2016 03:29 PM
    Any Documents, notifications, alarms and ringtones you could have downloaded and Photos and videos that are on the internal storage. Afterwards you will have to login once on each app you have installed. Yes, it's not like Apple unfortunately, where you don't even have to do that. But it's very easy. It's a surprise you didn't do it before, every six months I do a reset since it does wonders in terms of storage and smoothness.
    Thanks.
    Will Google automatically re-download all of my apps?
    10-14-2016 03:57 PM
    Thanks.
    Will Google automatically re-download all of my apps?
    Yes. Just make sure your backup mode is on on the settings
    10-14-2016 04:00 PM
    Yes. Just make sure your backup mode is on on the settings
    I dont see that setting anywhere. Im looking in settings in the play store. Is that the right spot?
    10-14-2016 04:37 PM
    No: Backup and restore setting
    10-14-2016 05:43 PM
    No: Backup and restore setting
    Are you talking about "automatic restore" under Backup and reset in the Phones Settings?
    10-14-2016 07:03 PM
    Are you talking about "automatic restore" under Backup and reset in the Phones Settings?
    Under "Backup and reset", the first option "Do a security backup..." should be on. Just make sure of that. Then on "Drive" app settings you should see that the backup is indeed being done. It should be by default but check it first.

Cheers
    10-14-2016 08:56 PM
    Under "Backup and reset", the first option "Do a security backup..." should be on. Just make sure of that. Then on "Drive" app settings you should see that the backup is indeed being done. It should be by default but check it first.

Cheers
    I dont see any "Do a security backup" option anywhere.

On that screen, all I ahve is: "back up my data, "automatic restore", "restore from HTC" and reset settings
    10-14-2016 09:29 PM

It's in Portuguese but do you notice the "on" in the first setting, on top? If you also have that your good to go.
    kwitel likes this.
    10-14-2016 09:48 PM
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...a28fc17126.jpg

It's in Portuguese but do you notice the "on" in the first setting, on top? If you also have that your good to go.
    Ah yes.
    But I do not see this file in my Google Drive account...
    Thanks very much for the clarification and help though.
    10-14-2016 10:00 PM
    Ah yes.
    But I do not see this file in my Google Drive account...
    Thanks very much for the clarification and help though.
    Open drive and go to settings - manage backup
    10-15-2016 04:25 AM
    Its not there.
    The only thing that is there (other than Google apps) is my whatsapp backup.

--Im thinking about using a desktop backup tool just in case. Any recommendations?
    10-15-2016 10:25 AM
    Its not there.
    The only thing that is there (other than Google apps) is my whatsapp backup.

--Im thinking about using a desktop backup tool just in case. Any recommendations?
    Yeah, do that. It's your best option. I'm going to replace my battery soon and will do the same.
    10-15-2016 10:27 AM