Google play services error after last update

chedeng

Dec 23, 2016
Visit site
After the last play services update (Nov 10), "Google play services has stopped working" error has kept on popping up. Other apps also seem to keep crashing (facebook, messenger, evernote, skype etc). Weather app also seems to unable to detect my location, and waze takes a while in determining my location when it used to take a few seconds. I've tried the clear cache and force stop method, which seems to work for a few hours but acts up again. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling play services updates, nothing short of a full factory reset (which I haven't done) has worked.

chedeng

Dec 23, 2016
Visit site
Ok I've done a full factory reset, which seemed to work but the play services automatically updated to the newest version and decided to act up again. So it's definitely the play store services update. How do I prevent the phone from automatically updating to google play services?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! That's strange. I'm not sure you can prevent it from updating automatically without severely restricting the phone from syncing everything else.

On the off chance this helps, try uninstalling updates for Android System Webview. This has caused various issue in the past.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome