Static in speakers when playing music and videos

GTOdriver62

Jan 2, 2017
Visit site
Good morning all. My M8 recently has developed static in the speakers but just when I play music and videos. This static doesn't occur with speakerphone calls however so I'm stumped at what the cause might be. I've tried the factory reset, the volume down power button reset, cleared the cache etc. Also have searched multiple places on the internet and this seems to be a fairly random issue that I haven't been able to find much info on. Running Android 6.0, phone was rooted before reset, not sure if it still is. I'm pretty ignorant what all rooting entails and what benefits it offers, but the previous owner had done it to the phone.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated but on a positive note this issue caused me to go out and buy an inexpensive bluetooth portable speaker. Found the Oontz Angle 3 Plus on Amazon for $38 and holy hell what a find!! This little guy kicks some serious butt and the sound reproduction and amount of bass is unbelievable for a speaker in this price range. Great reviews all over the internet as well. Will be buying a second one for the girlfriend, I've had mine 2 days and she's already threatening to kidnap it for her own use. Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. Have you tried using a different music player to see if that eliminates the static?