No in call voice, they cant hear me

matthewmiller259

Feb 5, 2017
Visit site
Hi i have a Htc one M8 that recently iv had issues with people not being able to hear me at all, but when i record through the camera the voice works perfect. I have factory reset it and it worked for one call then went back to what it was and people cant hear me. iv have android 6.0 and htc sense 7.0. I just tried rebooting in safe mode and still doesnt work. I'm lost here. Any one have any idea whats going on??

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If people can hear you on speakerphone and when using a wired or Bluetooth headset, then your primary phone mic is either faulty or blocked. Inspect the mic opening to see if it looks clogged with debris or lint. If not, the mic may have to be replaced by a technician.

When you get a chance, head over to the Introductions forum and tell us something about yourself! http://forums.androidcentral.com/introductions/

KC Baltz

Feb 21, 2017
Visit site
I had this recently and fixed it by removing the plastic "grille" at the bottom (below the "HTC"). You need a thin tool (razor blade works well) and some heat to loosen the grille and pry it up. Then, take a tooth brush and scrub clean all the holes. That fixed the mic for me and made the speaker much louder as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes