My m8 barely successfully updated to marshmallow 6.0.1 less than a week ago & since my phone is crazy. The battery never lasted long but since the update its draining wickedly fast ex 20% in less than 45min & it was not being used. It keeps somehow moving apps to sd, ones I did not move, it has completely reorganized, lost and or misplaced my photos and shared them to Facebook all of them private pics were put on fb & I can't stop it, swipe up google search gone, assistant doesn't come up, ok google, voice start gone, overheats like crazy, times out while I'm using it ex typing this it timed out, there's more but.. Every issue noted I have gone through the steps to adjust settings or what have you. I can't reset as it moved my storage (sd) contents and I can't find em. It's not rooted (I'm going to root it hopefully once I have fully educated myself) help?
    04-19-2017 01:10 PM
    Have you already tried wiping the cache partition? https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-10672

What do you mean you can't do a factory reset due to your sd contents being moved? That shouldn't matter. What happens if you go to Settings>Backup & Reset>Factory Data Reset? Or do you mean that you want to backup your data before you reset? (You can also do a factory reset from the Recovery menu, which is what comes up when you follow the steps in the above link).
    mwake4goten likes this.
    04-19-2017 01:30 PM